Sample- Stainless Steel 2x6 Metal Subway Tile for Wall
All samples ship for FREE when you order 5 samples or more! Samples typically ship within 1-3 business days.
For all regular priced non-sample orders, get fast, flat-rate shipping. Standard Shipping orders ship in 1-5 business days. Expedited Shipping orders placed before 2pm EST Monday-Thursday or Friday by 10:30am ship the same day. VIP Freight typically ships in 1-2 business days. Ordering from TileBar means you're ordering from the source. Most products are in stock in our warehouses and ready to ship to your doorstep. Our fast shipping means you should expect to receive your order within 7-10 days. Need it sooner? Expedited shipping options are available at checkout.
* Flat rate shipping does not apply to closeouts, specially priced orders, slabs or scrap lots. Additional charges apply for shipping to AK, HI, PR and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
* Click here for more details.
Did you order too many tiles, or not 100% satisfied with your purchase? No problem. TileBar is happy to accept returns within 365 days of your order. Please read the following information carefully.
1. You must request an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) form by emailing [email protected].
2. Samples, clearance, FINAL SALE items, and custom orders are non-refundable.
3. In order for us to continue to be able to offer affordable pricing, a 15% restocking fee is assessed on all returns. Shipping charges are non-refundable. Customer are responsible for return shipping charges and arrangements.
4. All returns must be in their original packaging and in the condition in which they were received.
* Click here for more details.
What We Love
- Stainless Steel Tiles Will Give an Industrial Edge
- Metal Tiles are Modern and Easy to Keep Clean
- Made for Residential and Commercial Wall Use
- Great for Kitchen, Backsplash and Bathroom
See it installed
Stainless Steel 2"x6" Subway Metal Tile
These stainless steel tiles will give any room an industrial edge. With a slight twist on traditional subway tile, the metal tiles is modern and easy to keep clean.
2" x 6"
2x2, .5x2 Stacked, .75x2.5, Penny Round, 2x6
Pieces Per Box
Sq Ft Per Box
Backsplash, Bathroom, Indoor, Kitchen
Rustic, Craftsman, Industrial
Backsplash, Kitchen Wall, Wall Tile, Bathroom Wall
METAL INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
- These instructions are meant to be a guide for most installations, under normal conditions. Please follow best practice instructions found in the Tile Council of North America (TCNA) 09300 Handbook for specific installation types.
- We always recommend dry-fitting your pattern first to think about your cuts in advance and to make sure you like the pattern. This will also help you choose which pieces go where, which is especially helpful with tiles that have a lot of variation.
- *Always use appropriate personal protective safety equipment when handling, drilling, cutting or grinding glass tile such as (but not limited to) eye, ear and hand protection.
- Before you start tiling, make sure that whatever surface the tiles are being installed to will be strong and structurally sound. Cement board, concrete or drywall is best, as these surfaces can handle the moisture of the tiling process. Plywood should be avoided, since the wood will warp with the added moisture and it will also be less waterproof, even after tiling.
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, white thinset such as Bostik PM is strongly recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
3/16" or 1/4" square notch trowel should be used when installing our metal material and ridges should be smoothed down with the flat side of the trowel prior to fixing the tiles in the mortar bed. Tiles larger than 3x3 should be back-buttered with a thin continuous layer of the thin set applied with the flat side of the trowel.
Metal tiles are non-porous: the moisture in the setting materials cannot migrate through the metal and must evaporate slowly through the joints. All setting material, even rapidest mortars need a longer time to cure. Allow thin-set mortar to dry completely for a minimum of 72 hours prior to grouting or otherwise interfering with the fresh installation.
The best way to cut metal tiles is with a diamond wet saw. Cut the tile face up so that any lip that forms is on the back of the tile. Handle the tile carefully, as the cut metal edges can be very sharp. You may find it difficult to cut notches with a wet saw, so a miter saw fitted with a metal-cutting disc is a good tool for cutting notches and other intricate shapes.
Take care to use eye protection and to sweep up the area immediately after cutting, as metal shards can be dangerous.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as MP90
Non-sanded grout that is latex or polymer modified and compliant with A118.4 should be used for our metal material. If sanded grout must be used for technical or aesthetic reasons (such as with mosaics with larger grout joints), gentle application of grout with a soft rubber float is recommended to minimize the possibility of surface scratching. A mock up or testing installation should be executed to ensure results are acceptable.
Metal cannot flex, expand or contract like some materials. This means that you must leave an expansion joint around the perimeter of the installation to help prevent the tiles from popping off the wall if the house settles or the wall moves. Leave a space of approximately 1/16 inch to 1/8 inch between the tiles and the counter, the cabinet and in corners where two walls of tile meet. Fill these gaps with a latex-based caulk, which can flex with the walls.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass Installation/Maintenance Kit, which contains all you need to maintain and care for your tiles.
. For normal care and maintenance of metal tile, wiping the surface with a damp sponge or clothe with water or a light vinegar solution is sufficient. If stronger cleaning is needed, a nonabrasive, neutral pH cleaner can be used.