- Buy 108 boxes at $29.25 per sq. ft and save 10%
All samples ship for FREE when you order 5 samples or more!
For all regular priced non-sample orders, get fast, flat-rate shipping, whether you're ordering one, one hundred, or one million square feet of tile. When you order from TileBar, you're ordering from the source. Most products are in stock in our NJ warehouse and ready to ship to your doorstep. Our lightning fast shipping means you should expect to receive your order within 7-10 days. Need it sooner? Expedited shipping options are available at checkout.
* Click here for more details.
Did you order too many tiles, or not 100% satisfied with your purchase? No problem. TileBar is happy to accept returns within 365 days of your order. Please read the following information carefully.
1. You must request an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) form by emailing [email protected].
2. Samples, clearance, FINAL SALE items, and custom orders are non-refundable.
3. In order for us to continue to be able to offer affordable pricing, a 15% restocking fee is assessed on all returns. Shipping charges are non-refundable. Customer are responsible for return shipping charges and arrangements.
4. All returns must be in their original packaging and in the condition in which they were received.
* Click here for more details.
What We Love
- Dazzling Galaxy-Style Pattern
- Decorative Iridescent Pearl Essence Effect
- Made For Residential & Commercial Wall Use
- Great For Backsplash, Kitchen, Bathroom, Accent Wall
About The Tile: Clouds of green and gold swirl against a deep blue background to create the dazzling Gem Azul 4” x 9” Polished Glass Tile. A beautiful pearl essence effect provides a unique iridescent glow on top of a reflective polished finish. This versatile 4” x 9” tile adds a captivating sparkle to any space.
- Decorative glass tile
- Dazzling galaxy-style pattern
- Bold blue, green, and gold color palette
- Iridescent pearl essence effect
- Reflective polished finish
- Versatile 4” x 9” subway-format tile
- Perfect for eye-catching backsplashes and wall installations
About The Collection: Reach for the stars with the GemGlass Collection, a glass tile series bringing otherworldly landscapes in dazzling patterns to any space. This celestial-inspired collection features beautiful swirling nebulas in elegant neutral colorways, finished with a glowing pearl essence effect. Available in multiple loose small format sizes, this glass line provides great design flexibility for backsplash and wall installations, creating stunningly cosmic compositions.
4.37" x 8.74"
Pieces Per Box
Sq Ft Per Box
Backsplash, Bathroom, Indoor, Kitchen
Craftsman, Contemporary, Industrial, Transitional
Backsplash, Kitchen Wall, Wall Tile, Bathroom Wall
*These are just guidelines. Please refer to and install our products to the standards set by the TCNA.
GLASS TILE CHARACTERISTICS
This material is made of clear and transparent glass. The back of the glass tile is coated with the desired pigment(s) and a white protective coating visible from the back of the tile. The multi-layered protective coating is fired with the tile and ensures that the thin-set mortars will not be visible after installation. The pigments and glass are made from natural minerals and as such the firing process will cause slight variations in shades and size. All material is sorted according to ANSI standard A137 size tolerances and packaging is clearly marked with caliber and shade/tone/dye-lot.
GLASS INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
- These instructions are meant to be a guide for most installations, under normal conditions. Please follow best practice instructions found in the Tile Council of North America (TCNA) 09300 Handbook for specific installation types.
- We always recommend dry-fitting your pattern first to think about your cuts in advance and to make sure you like the pattern. This will also help you choose which pieces go where, which is especially helpful with tiles that have a lot of variation. Due to the nature of the material and production process it may be possible to see through the clear glass on certain angles which can appear as a lighter line along the edges of the glass. This is not a factory defect or deficiency of any kind in the material and should be expected by the end consumer. *Always use appropriate personal protective safety equipment when handling, drilling, cutting or grinding glass tile such as (but not limited to) eye, ear and hand protection.
- Before you start tiling, make sure that whatever surface the tiles are being installed to will be strong and structurally sound. Cement board, concrete or drywall is best, as these surfaces can handle the moisture of the tiling process. Plywood should be avoided, since the wood will warp with the added moisture and it will also be less waterproof, even after tiling.
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, white thinset such as Bostik Glass-Mate is strongly recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
3/16" or 1/4" square notch trowel should be used when installing our glass material and ridges should be smoothed down with the flat side of the trowel prior to fixing the tiles in the mortar bed. Tiles larger than 3x3 should be back-buttered with a thin continuous layer of the thin set applied with the flat side of the trowel.
Glass tiles are non-porous: the moisture in the setting materials cannot migrate through the glass and must evaporate slowly through the joints. All setting material, even rapidest mortars need a longer time to cure. Allow thin-set mortar to dry completely for a minimum of 72 hours prior to grouting or otherwise interfering with the fresh installation.
Use a glasscutter (score and snap) with a new diamond wheel for best results when cutting our glass tiles. Wetting the diamond wheel with oil before cutting will produce the smoothest cuts. In some cases it may be possible to use a wet-saw with a new, continuous rim diamond blade specifically designed for cutting glass. Do not use turbo or other notched blades designed for use with porcelain or ceramic as the teeth can cause a coarse cut, resulting in a heavily chipped edge. To cut angles without a wet saw or grinder, drill a small hole at the apex of the angle prior to cutting. In most cases, this will allow the use of a score and snap cutter and avoid small cracks that can happen at the angle. Cut edges and corners will be sharp. Always be sure to smooth the cut edges manually with a diamond hand pad or ceramic dressing stone.
If possible, drill holes before installing tile. Drilling from both sides can ensure a cleaner finish if the hole will be visible after installation. Using a new diamond coring bit (for large holes) or spade bit (for small holes) with a diamond tip made for glass drilling will give the best results. Lubricating the bit and tile surface with a continuous spray of oil/water mix will prolong the life of bits and provide a better-finished edge. When possible, the use of a jig will ensure precise placement of holes to be drilled.
When drilling holes for anchoring bolts, plumbing or any other dissimilar material always ensure a minimum of 1/8" clearance around the item is provided to avoid cracking due to disparate expansion and contraction rates or stress transfer.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as MP90
Non-sanded grout that is latex or polymer modified and compliant with A118.4 should be used for our glass material. If sanded grout must be used for technical or aesthetic reasons (such as with mosaics with larger grout joints), gentle application of grout with a soft rubber float is recommended to minimize the possibility of surface scratching. A mock up or testing installation should be executed to ensure results are acceptable.
After grouting, wipe of excess surface grout with a slightly damp sponge - do not over wash. After initial wash has been allowed to haze, wipe once with minimal pressure at a 45-degree angle to joints and rinse sponge after wiping once with each side. Any remaining haze can be buffed off with a dry towel or cheesecloth after grout surface has dried sufficiently. Grout joints should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set. Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardened completely.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass Installation/Maintenance Kit, which contains all you need to maintain and care for your tiles.
. For normal care and maintenance of glass tile, wiping the surface with a damp sponge or clothe with water or a light vinegar solution is sufficient. If stronger cleaning is needed, a nonabrasive, neutral pH cleaner can be used.
Glass tile may be damaged from impact with hard or heavy objects, which can lead to chipping or breakage causing sharp cutting edges that can lead to injuries. Always replace any damaged glass tiles immediately.